Suspect Arrested After Joyride in Stolen Vehicle at Kim Kardashian’s $60M Hidden Hills Mansion
A suspect was arrested for burglary and joyriding a staff member's car at Kim Kardashian's vacant $60M Hidden Hills mansion on August 9, 2026.
Kim Kardashian’s Hidden Hills, California mansion was the target of a break-in on August 9, 2026, when a suspect allegedly loaded items into a vehicle, took a staff member’s car for a drive around the neighborhood, and was arrested on his return to the property.
Deputies from the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s station responded to the 24800 block of Long Valley Road in the affluent enclave before 4 p.m. on a residential burglary call. They located an adult male and placed him under arrest without further incident.
The suspect, identified as Trey Mendel, faces charges of burglary and taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent, and remains in custody.
Break-In and Joyride Details
The stolen vehicle did not belong to the Skims founder. It belonged to a staff member at the property, which is currently undergoing renovations.
“Upon arrival, deputies located a white male adult — Trey Mendel — and placed him under arrest for burglary and taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent,” the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said.
“The suspect was transported and booked at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station on the aforementioned charges. The suspect remains in custody.”
Vacant, Renovating Estate
Kardashian, 45, and her four children do not currently live in the home. The Hidden Hills property sits in a gated community near Calabasas and is valued at approximately $60 million.
The Skims founder purchased the home outright as part of her divorce settlement with ex-husband Kanye West, buying the property and its contents from the rapper for $23 million. The couple had originally acquired the estate in 2014 for a reported $20 million; their divorce was finalized in November 2022.
The investigation remains open. “The investigation is ongoing and will be forwarded to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for filing consideration,” the Sheriff’s Department said.
Security Breach History
The break-in is the latest in a string of high-profile security incidents involving Kardashian, and the second time in just over a decade that the reality star has been the victim of a burglary at a property associated with her.
In 2016, five masked gunmen disguised as police allegedly stormed her Paris luxury hotel suite during Fashion Week, bound and gagged her, and made off with roughly $10 million in jewelry.
The trauma of that night resurfaced in court last year when Kardashian took the stand at the trial of the alleged intruders.
“I came to Paris for Fashion Week, and Paris is always a place that I love so much,” she testified tearfully in May 2025.
“But when I came for Fashion Week during that trip, it changed everything. I absolutely did think I was gonna die.”
Following the conclusion of that trial, eight of the ten defendants were convicted of crimes connected to the incident, while two were acquitted.
Ringleader Aomar Ait Kedach was found guilty of theft with weapon and sequestration without voluntary liberation and was sentenced to eight years imprisonment, with five suspended. Three other defendants, who had been accused on the most serious charges, received seven-year sentences, five of which were suspended.
The Hidden Hills arrest — a renovation-site break-in interrupted not by Kardashian herself but by an alert staffer — underscores how security gaps can emerge even at properties far from the principal’s daily life.
With the suspect in custody and the case headed to the District Attorney’s Office, the episode is likely to renew scrutiny of the protocols in place at the high-value estates of one of the country’s most recognizable families.



